The Silverwing FJS400A is also among the maxi scooters developed by Honda which carries a 398 cm3, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, water cooled engine able to deliver a max power of 38 bhp @ 8000 and max torque of 37 nm @ 6500. It was built aesthetically to promote comfort, ease of use and satisfaction. Its improved design include new windscreen, new style of front optics, turn indicators integrated into the main headlamps, modern multi-functional dashboard and has a tidy look that made it more appealing and inviting. Adding to relaxed driving experience is a small screen and LCD, tight wheel designed for more stable performance when riding at low speeds. Its soft seat with reduced height provides comfort fit beneficial for longer rides. Luggage compartment under the seat is huge and is backlit. It can accommodate two full-sized helmet, and still have enough room for a laptop or a small bag. Front glove box deep enough and lock. Riding position of Honda Silverwing FJS400A is very pleasant; the relatively low seat height encourage small graceful movements while larger easily snap behind the imposing original screen. Honda Silverwing FJS400A is the ideal choice of maxi scooter because it delivers less vibration while riding, increased in power and refined smooth engine delivery. It’s a maxi scooter thats perfect for commuting and city touring.
Honda Silverwing FJS400A Technical Details
|Engine Type:||Liquid-cooled, Single cylinder, four-stroke|
|Bore And Stroke:||64 mm 62 mm|
|Power:||38 bhp @ 8000|
|Torque:||37 nm @ 6500|
|Fuel system:||Injection. Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) with automatic enricher circuit, four-hole injectors|
|Fuel control:||Double Overhead Cams/Twin Cam (DOHC)|
|Ignition:||Computer-controlled fully transistorized with electronic advance|
|Front Suspension:||41mm hydraulic fork, 107 mm wheel travel|
|Rear Suspension:||Swingarm with dual hydraulic shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability, 114 mm wheel travel|
|Front Brake:||276mm Single disc. CBS three-piston caliper|
|Rear Brake:||240mm Single disc. CBS twin-piston caliper|
|Rake:||26.8° (fork angle)|
|Trail:||103 mm (4.1 inches)|
|Wheelbase:||1,595 mm (62.8 inches)|
|Seat Height:||754 mm (29.7 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.|
|Fuel Capacity:||16.00 litres (4.23 gallons)|
|Reserve Fuel Capacity:||3.50 litres (0.92 gallons)|
|Dry Weight:||228 kg|
Honda Silverwing FJS400A Review
What can we say after test riding the Silverwing FJS400D? We had spotted several good functionalities and characteristics of the scooter as we tested it on highway and town. Allow us mentioned what we noticed about the Silverwing to give you ideas on its performance and ride quality.
- Impressive external bodywork, excellent ergonomics and quality built.
- Its surprisingly lightweight despite of its 250kg weight when fully fueled even with a passenger on board.
- Understandable meters and gauges that remain clearly visible under the sun and at night.
- It is quiet and no apparent vibrations felt.
- Revving at 5,000 per minute, the Silverwing snorts softly and rolled on the road.
- The scooter is really handy and reveals even more in comparison to its size and weight.
- Beyond more power, it performs well with amazing stability and most reassuring compared to other scooters of the same displacement.
- Handling is pleasant even under high speeds.
- Protection from the bubble screen is appreciated; it makes riding more comfortable.
- Stopping power is strong, thanks to its C-ABS that offers effortless control and good braking effect.
- The seat for both driver and passenger offers the same level of comfort. It has rear, well-placed handles for the passenger’s easiness over a long travel.
- Spacious under seat compartment.
From its style and quality to its build and performance, Honda Silverwing FJS400D is really a scooter to envy. It has efficient fuel consumption, economical and easy to use. Its best used for commuting and ride around town.
Buy a brand new bike or one that is pre-loved – we have options for you to choose from. Furthermore, we provide end-to-end services including financing and installments, to repair and servicing.
To dress up your Honda Silverwing FJS400A pocket rocket makes the already bright colours of the bike, pop even more on the roads. There is a wide range of brands and accessories that make the parts you want in compatible colours. Favourite accessories include – fuel cap, rear set, sprocket cover, engine cover, handlebar, grips, breaks, clutch to name a few, especially from Bikers. Come dress up your bike with the wide variety of Honda Silverwing FJS400A accessories we have in store and we can also help you install them.