The 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S is geared up to fit a wide range of riders because this bike is a fully customizable machine. Height doesnt matter anymore, whether you are tall or small the Vulcan S can be customized depending on your size. Part of the Ergo Fit program is a choice of three different configurations – Mid Reach (for riders up to 6 feet tall), Reduced Reach (for shorter riders), and Extended Reach (for those taller than 6 feet). This modern bike take on cruiser offers great style and comfort, with a smooth ride that promises to be fun as hell. All the elements of a tried-and-true cruiser are on this motor. The Vulcan S is a cruiser in every sense of the word. The Vulcan S is powered by a 649cc liquid-cooled parallel twin engine. It is derived from the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and tuned for more low- and mid-range torque. The engine is very great and smooth when pulling away from a traffic light and also responsive when the rider wants to accelerate. It will surely be suitable for novice riders, while its top-end power and nimble handling will keep experienced riders entertained all day. Other great features of Vulcan S:
- Proven 649cc, parallel twin engine provides smooth and good power delivery
- Full range of Kawasaki Genuine Accessories to customize the motorcycle
- Full tailored fit concept allows the motorcycle to fit a range of riders
- Lightest motorcycle in its class with smooth suspension
- Standard adjustable foot pegs to suit a range of riders, with Kawasaki Genuine Accessories seats and handlebar options to further tailor the fit
- Low cruiser design, narrow chassis and comfortable, tapered seat make it easy to reach the ground in stop-and-go city traffic
- Cruiser appeal with modern Kawasaki handling and power
- Standard ABS brakes (ABS model only) for greater confidence
The Kawasaki offers three distinct color styles: Theres the flashy one (Candy Lime Green), the sleek, classy one (Flat Ebony), and the clean one (Pearl Crystal White).
Kawasaki Vulcan Key Features
- Proven 649 cc parallel twin engine tuned for torque and responsiveness, with Ninja 650 DNA for smooth power delivery and high-RPM grunt
- ABS braking system as standard (ABS model only)
- Adjustable rear suspension to increase comfort or compensate for a passenger and/or luggage
- Optional Ergo-Fit reduced reach seat and handlebar as well as extended reach seat
- Narrow perimeter frame and engine
- Large number of optional Kawasaki Genuine Accessories available including Ergo-Fit seats and handlebar, leather saddlebags with KQR (Kawasaki Quick Release) mounting system, larger windshields, helmet lock, passenger seat, DC power socket for mobile devices, gear position indicator, etc
- Comfortable, cruiser riding position with forward-positioned foot pegs
- Adjustable foot pegs to suit a range of riders are unique in this class
- Low seat height increases rider confidence
Kawasaki Vulcan S Technical Details
|Design:||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, eight valves per cylinder, parallel twin|
|Bore x Stroke:||83.0 x 60.0mm|
|Fuel System:||DFI with two 38mm throttle bodies, with sub-throttles|
|Transmission:||Six-speed with positive neutral finder|
|Ignition:||TCBI with digital advance|
|Frame:||High-tensile steel double pipe perimeter frame|
|Rake/Trail:||31 degrees / 4.7 in|
|Front Suspension:||41mm telescopic fork / 5.1 inches|
|Rear Suspension||Lay-down offset rear shock with linkage and adjustable preload / 3.2 inches|
|Front Brakes:||Single 300mm disc with twin-piston caliper and ABS|
|Rear Brakes:||Single 250mm disc with single-piston caliper|
|Seat Height:||27.8 inches|
|Fuel Capacity:||3.7 gallons|
|Curb Weight:||498.3 lbs|
|Colors:||Candy Lime Green, Pearl Crystal White, Flat Ebony|
Kawasaki Vulcan S Review
We enjoyed few hours of cruising to cities and freeways with Kawasaki Vulcan S to test its power, reliability and performance on the road. Same with the other cruisers, the Vulcan S didnt fail our expectation. The style, power, the ride and everything is totally amazing only those who rode it can tell.
Different from other cruisers, Vulcan S did not sacrifice its performance for good styling instead it is kept on minimum. Adjustable handlebars, seat and footpegs attribute to comfortable riding experience. If you dont feel at home with the bikes riding position you can simply customize it. The Vulcan ergonomically fitted system really makes it different from other entry-level touring bikes.
Riding the Vulcan S
Vulcan S is incredibly nifty, which made going around city streets and pulling U-turns easy, and pass curvy roads effortlessly. Handling is impressive and contradicting the bikes ground- hugging profile. Power delivery is linear and predictable. The engine makes a claimed 61hp at 7,500rpm and 46.5ft.lb of torque at 6,600rpm. Despite its lack of ride-by-wire throttle, Vulcan S is powered up to its sixth gear. Around the corners, most cruising motorcycles make you feel worried about the ground clearance but not the Vulcan S. Fast revving engine will definitely lets you urge for more. We had so much fun and we are planning to ride it a little longer the next time. For a woman, man, professional or beginner, the Kawasaki Vulcan S is a huge deal. Its a stylish urban motorcycle for everyone who loves to navigate cities, go on longer travels and weekend road trips.
Buy a brand new bike or one that is second hand- we have options for you to choose from. Furthermore, we provide end-to-end services including financing and installments.
Part of what we love to do is fix, install accessories, repair and service bikes and we can provide that for you. We have a range of servicing packages or drop in rates for you to choose from.
Even though the Kawasaki Vulcan S looks great as it comes, if you want to make it your own, you need to accessorize! There is a wide range of brands and accessories that make the parts you want in suitable colours. So many options, so much co-ordination, we can help you narrow down the choices. Favorite accessories include fuel cap, rear set, sprocket cover, engine cover, handlebar, grips, brakes, clutch to name a few, especially from Bikers and Kawasaki. Come dress up your bike with the wide variety of Kawasaki Vulcan S we have in store and we can also help you install them.